Tuesday, June 5, 2012

Posso avere…


This story CRACKED me up… so one girl’s father came in the classroom today, walked up to my teacher (the English one), and said, “so Fabiana tells me you told them since they are so clever they can skip kindergarten and go to first grade.” HAHA he was serious because supposedly he’s been trying to get the teachers to let her skip kindergarten. All my teacher says was, “I was joking. Although they all are very clever.” Maybe sarcasm with four year olds isn’t the greatest idea.

The little girl with scarlet fever returned today… which was good, but my little Diamante was absent L She always makes me laugh throughout the day. One child in EC2 (I’m pretty sure it’s the brother of the girl who had scarlet fever) now has strep throat… so another child in my class is not going to be here this week because his mother is pregnant and doesn’t want him bringing it into the house.. did you follow that? Confusing. Anyway, moral of the story is that Italians are SO protective. My teacher gave the example that when it’s raining out parents don’t even let their kids run through puddles and if the kid does happen to step in water all hell will break loose.

Music was horrible again… it’s almost like listening to fingernails on a chalkboard, but worse. The lady cannot control the kids and gets angry with them when they start running around the room. You told the kids to march around the classroom while banging instruments together, what do you expect.

snapped a picture of the rainbow.... 



I went for a second cappuccino during my break today and said, “may I have a small cappuccino please?” The ladies at the bar pretty much speak only Italian, I usually have to point and do sign language to them. One lady says, “posso avere piccolo cappuccino por favore.” And made me repeat it… they said something in Italian after I repeated it and I know they said, “I don’t think she’ll remember tomorrow.” I’m getting good at being able to hear what they’re saying… and I wrote it down so I will remember it and use it on Thursday. (Tomorrow we are going to see the pope and will not be going to school!)

A few cute stories from Ale: We were doing puzzles at the end of the day and said, “we’re going to do it without the picture because we are so clever.” Then he kept saying “alright, you go here mister” for each piece. Is he cute or what? At the end of the day he comes up to me and says, “I want to go home with you.” I wish… I wish.



my little favorites (the one on the left is in Dana's class) and they aren't related at all...

me and Dana with our little favorites



One of my students, Viola, has been staying with her grandparents. Her parents have been out of the country with her brother who needs surgery… well, her parents came back today and I haven’t seen her that happy for awhile. Her mom started crying when Viola ran up to her, which  made me cry, and also made me want a big hug from my mama. 

Steve was telling us that yesterday was his anniversary… and then everyone was saying their parents are in June too. I told them my parent’s anniversary is Saturday when I get home and they all said, “great anniversary present” sarcastically… and I said, “it definitely is!!” seriously ;) 

happy (almost) 33rd anniversary to the best parents!!

3 comments:

  1. oh my...ok. crying now! How did you get that picture while you are in Rome? We can't wait to see you..
    I want to know if you remembered how to ask for cappuccino today? We will see you Saturday...everyone is going to miss reading your blog... WE LOVE YOU

    ReplyDelete
  2. one more thing...teach them about ROYGBIV!!! please

    ReplyDelete